Oral and Maxillofacial (OMF) Surgeons specialise in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases affecting the mouth, jaws, face and neck.
Click here to view a complete list of our specialists
OMF surgery is often seen as the bridge between medicine and dentistry, treating conditions that require expertise from both backgrounds such as head and neck cancers, salivary gland diseases, facial disproportion, facial pain, temporomandibular joint disorders, impacted teeth, cysts and tumours of the jaws as well as numerous problems affecting the oral mucosa such as mouth ulcers and infections.
- Dentoalveolar surgery is treatment of the teeth, wisdom teeth (including implants) and jaws
- Temporomandibular joints and salivary glands disorders
- Trauma-the treatment of facial soft and hard tissue injuries of the craniofacial structures
- Orthognathic surgery-Surgery for Facial Deformity, which is the correction of jaw disproportion
- Jaw joint problems and facial pain-two distinct areas that often overlap, and can require specialist expertise in order to differentiate them from one another
- Craniofacial surgery which is the treatment of complex skull and facial conditions which result in deformity
- Cleft lip and palate surgery.
- Oral Pathology and Medicine-diagnosis and management of medical conditions presenting in and around the cervico-facial structures including cysts and tumours of jaws
- Oral cancer and pre-cancer
- Facial aesthetics-cosmetic surgery to enhance facial aesthetics